Olive oil spray
1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup tomato sauce
¼ cup chicken broth
21 mini rainbow peppers halved seeded
1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons light sour cream (thinned with 1 tablespoon water)
2 tablespoon sliced black olives
Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray with oil.
- Spray oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and cilantro and sauté about 2 minutes. Add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, and cumin. Cook meat for 4-5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add ¼ cup tomato sauce and chicken broth, mix well, and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up and close together.
- Fill each pepper with cooked ground turkey mixture, then top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve immediately.