Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
½ cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped dill or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon salt, divided
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 ¼ pounds of cod or halibut, cut into 4 portions
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic slivered
1 pound baby spinach
Lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon zest, almonds, dill, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place fish on a prepared baking sheet and spread each portion with 1 teaspoon mustard. Divide the almond mixture among the portions, pressing it into the mustard.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center, about 7-9 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoon oil in a Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, lemon juice, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Season with pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is just wilted, 2-4 minutes. Cover to keep warm. Serve the fish with the spinach and lemon wedges.
Total fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 78 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 39 g