The Kettering Vascular Institute at Soin is pleased to now offer endovenous ablation for the treatment of varicose veins. Endovenous ablation is a minimally invasive treatment that uses laser energy to close varicose veins.
Using ultrasound guidance, our physicians insert a long, thin catheter into the varicose vein. Energy is then initiated to the catheter to heat it. The catheter is monitored to deliver precise heat that shrinks the vessel being treated, thus eliminating the varicose vein.
Facts you should know:
- Done on an outpatient basis
- Leaves no visible incisions
- Is associated with little to no pain
- Effectively relieves symptoms
- Return to normal daily activities immediately
- Self-referrals are accepted
- Patients seen within a week of referral