Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program
Mark Day, DO, FACOOG
Number of Positions:
ACGME Accreditation Status:
The Kettering Health Network Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program's mission is to produce competent, compassionate, well-rounded, practice-ready Obstetrics and Gynecology physicians. We train our residents with an emphasis on providing high-quality care in a community-based setting. In doing so, the program fosters the continuation of quality care of patients throughout the Kettering Health Network, Dayton, as well as the greater Miami Valley region. The program continues to strive to be a leader amongst Obstetrics and Gynecology residency programs in our region by continuously developing an up-to-date curriculum, providing outstanding academic mentorship, and fostering Quality Improvement strategies.
Filled: 3 PGY1, 3 PGY2, 3 PGY3, 3 PGY4
The OB/GYN Residency program at Grandview and Southview Medical Center is a very active obstetrics and gynecologic surgery program based primarily out of Southview Medical Center. This is a four-year program with 12 approved residency positions training three residents each year.
Our residents participate in the care of both private and clinic patients under the direct supervision of the attending physician. This patient mix offers outstanding clinical exposure and training. Our graduates are practice-ready and very well prepared for a career in Obstetrics and Gynecology. We are also proud to have graduated residents who completed subspecialty fellowship training in Urogynecology at the Mayo Clinic and Walter Reed Hospital, and Maternal Fetal Medicine at University of Cincinnati.
- Produce Obstetrics and Gynecology physicians who are highly qualified, competent, compassionate, well-rounded, and ready for a career in community-based Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Prepare residents to be competitive applicants for fellowships and have the opportunity to pursue a subspecialty interest of their choice.
- Train physicians who are involved in Quality Improvement and aware of how to conduct research in a community-based setting.
- Continue to train and retain the top-notch graduates of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program to meet the Kettering Health Network's overall mission of improving the quality of care throughout the Dayton area and the state of Ohio.
Our OB/GYN residents train at several locations throughout Kettering Health Network
These Locations include:
- Southview Medical Center
- Grandview Medical Center
- Kettering Medical Center
Residents also train at:
- Spring Creek Fertility
- Planned Parenthood Cincinnati
Our residents attend the ASCCP Colposcopy course and the ACOOG Fall conference during their PGY2 Year. Our PGY3 residents attend a board review course, while our PGY4 residents attend the ACOOG Annual conference.
Residents are also given the opportunity to present research at National Conferences.
Michael Platt, DO
Sarah Roadhouse, DO
Ashley Seidner, DO
Harika Kantamneni, DO
Kaylie Snyder, DO
Angela Teige, DO
Cord Gothard, DO
Alexandra Maldonado, DO
Kristin Satterwhite, DO
Lindsy Godair, DO
Kelly Kirk, DO
Suzanne Young, DO
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Grandview Medical Center does not support Visas at this time. All applicants for the Grandview Residency programs must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Looking for applicants with a COMLEX score of 500 or higher.
More info regarding the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program is located at:
Medical Education Program Coordinator in OB/GYN