Ribbon of Hope Luncheon & Speaker
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Sinclair Community College/Great Hall - Get Directions
Boutique & Wellness Vendors open at 10am
Registration: 11am | Luncheon: 11:45am
Parking is free and is available in the underground parking garage of building 12, which is approached off of 4th street. Guests should use the SOUTH stairway
or elevator to the 1st floor for the event.
Our nationally renowned speaker will be announced this Spring.
Ribbon of Hope Luncheon History
The Ribbon of Hope Luncheon originated in 2001 as a fundraiser for the Women's Wellness Fund. It attracts a capacity crowd of the Dayton area's business and community leaders to the Ponitz Center at Sinclair Community College to hear a nationally-known speaker on the topic of breast cancer and women's health issues.
Past speakers at the luncheon include:
- Lori Allen from TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta"
- Dr. Jerri Nielson, physician who treated herself while on duty at the South Pole
- Susan Ford, former first daughter
- Astronaut Mae Jemison
- Dr. Lillie Shockney
- Stephanie Speilman, wife of OSU football star Chris Speilman
- Dr. Vladimir Lange
- Hoda Kotb, Today Show host
- Cokie Roberts, ABC news commentator
- Cate Edwards, President of the Elizabeth Edwards Foundation
- Christine Clifford, breast cancer survivor and author
- Geralyn Lucas, author, journalist, and breast cancer survivor
- Samantha Harris, television hostess, actress, and breast cancer survivor
- Bill Rancic, husband of breast cancer survivor, Giuliana Rancic
- Kelly Corrigan, New York Times best-selling author and breast cancer survivor
Over the years the luncheon has grown from 75 attendees to over 650 at this sell out event. Many corporations and organizations attend in
addition to individuals who are dedicated to supporting the Women's Wellness Fund. The fund provides breast imaging services and other women's
cancer care to uninsured or underserved women in the Dayton-area at no cost to them. It has helped more than 15,000 women and
raised in excess of $2.2 million
since 1995 through the Walk for Women's Wellness and The Ribbon of Hope Luncheon.
For more information, contact us at (937) 395-8607
Terry and Dorothy Burns