Ribbon of Hope Luncheon
We are celebrating 20 years of Ribbon of Hope. We hope that you'll plan join us on October 5, 2021 as we are joined by keynote speaker, Joan Lunden!
An award-winning journalist, bestselling author, motivational speaker, and women's health & wellness advocate, Joan Lunden has been a trusted voice in American homes for more than 30 years. For nearly two decades, Lunden greeted viewers each morning on Good Morning America bringing insight to the day's top stories. As the longest running female host ever on early morning television, Lunden reported from 26 countries, covered 5 presidents, 5 Olympics, and kept Americans up to date on how to care for their homes, their families, and their health.
In June of 2014, Lunden was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer, which required chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation. An eternal optimist, Lunden wanted to turn her diagnosis into an opportunity to help others. She blogged throughout her cancer treatment and wrote a memoir Had I Known, which documents her battle, and reflects on her life and career. Lunden serves as as the face of Amgen's Breakaway from Cancer and advocates for patients on Capitol Hill, and actively communicates with the cancer community through her social media and on her website.
One of the most visible women in America, Lunden has graced the covers of more than 60 magazines and book covers.
Lunden has served as national spokesperson for various organizations such as The American Heart Association, The American Lung Association, The American Red Cross, The American Academy of Pediatrics, Amgen's Breakaway from Cancer, The Colon Cancer Alliance, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Join us to hear about Joan's journey and all that it has taught her!
Ribbon of Hope Luncheon History
The Ribbon of Hope Luncheon originated in 2001 as a fundraiser for the Women's Wellness Fund. It attracts a capacity crowd of the Dayton area's business and community leaders to the Sinclair Conference Center to hear a nationally-known speaker on the topic of breast cancer and women's health issues.
Past speakers at the luncheon include:
- Diahann Carroll, Gold Globe winning actress
- Susan Ford, former first daughter
- Astronaut Mae Jemison
- Stephanie Speilman, wife of OSU football star Chris Speilman
- Dr. Jerri Nielson, physician who treated herself while on duty at the South Pole
- Dr. Lillie Shockney
- Dr. Vladimir Lange
- Hoda Kotb, Today Show host
- Dr. Susan Love
- Peggy Fleming, Olympic Gold Medalist figure skater
- Cokie Roberts, ABC news commentator
- Cate Edwards, President of the Elizabeth Edwards Foundation
- Christine Clifford, breast cancer survivor and author
- Geralyn Lucas, author, journalist, and breast cancer survivor
- Samantha Harris, television hostess, actress, and breast cancer survivor
- Bill Rancic, husband of breast cancer survivor, Giuliana Rancic
- Kelly Corrigan, New York Times best-selling author and breast cancer survivor
- Lori Allen from TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta"
- Shannon Miller, Most decorated Olympic Gymnast in American History
Over the years the luncheon has grown from 75 attendees to over 650 at this sell out event. Many corporations and organizations attend in addition
to individuals who are dedicated to supporting the Women's Wellness Fund. The fund provides breast imaging services and other women's cancer care to
uninsured or underserved women in the Dayton-area at no cost to them. It has helped more than 15,000 women and raised in excess of $2.2 million
since 1995 through the Walk for Women's Wellness and The Ribbon of Hope Luncheon.
For more information, contact us at (937) 395-8607
Ribbon of Hope Society