Partners in Your Care
Palliative care is a medical specialty focused on improving the quality of life of people living with serious, often life-threatening illnesses. Medical care that
focuses on improving side effects of illness and its treatment are palliative.
Palliative care does not cure the illness, but can reduce the stress and suffering that patients and families may experience. It is care that offers support to your
primary medical plan and is available to patients at any stage of disease. Therefore, palliative care is different than hospice care.
Our goal is to provide comfort, choice and better quality of life when dealing with an advanced or serious illness.
It gives you and your family hope to make every day of your life a better day.
Benefits of Palliative Care include:
- Pain and symptom management
- Improve coping and reduce stress
- Communication for establishing goals of care
- Coordination of care between health care teams
- Counseling support during emotionally difficult times