Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injuries can be life altering. Our interdisciplinary team of speech, occupational, and physical therapists along with our in house case manager, nurse and social worker will help you find the motivation, strength and skills to reclaim your life.
Why Choose NeuroRehab & Balance Center?
Our comprehensive spinal cord rehabilitation team uses evidence-based therapies and advanced technologies to help each individual reach their highest level of functioning and best quality of life.
- Individualized physical, occupational and speech therapy assessments and treatments
- Driver assessment and training
- Wheelchair assessments
- Assistive device and orthotic prescription
- Home safety and modification assessments.
- Augmentative device assessment and training to determine communication and equipment needs
- Assessment and treatment of swallowing disorders
- Speech facilitation including the use of a speaking valve if needed
- Memory, cognitive, speech and language specialists
- Skill development for returning to activities including school/work
- Patient education focused on lifestyle and home adjustments
- Case management and coordination of care
- Discharge planning including the opportunity to transition to our Fit for Function exercise program or guidance during transitioning to a community exercise program
- Bioness® and Walkaide® functional electrical stimulation for the lower extremity designed to help people regain mobility and function
- Bioness® functional electrical stimulation for the upper extremity to promote grasp and release
- VitalStim® Therapy and videofluoroscopy swallowing assessment to address swallowing disorders
- Saeboflex© technology, a hand orthotic that helps maximize arm and hand function
- Adaptive equipment for your computer and home environment
- Dynavision™ training to improve hand-eye skills, attention, hand-eye coordination and reaction time
- Equipment for computer access
- Dartfish® for gait and movement analysis
- Bodyweight Supported Harness™ treadmill training to improve ambulation
- Objective assessment and balance retraining with our Natus Balance Master® and EquiTest
"My accident occurred in February, 2014. I injured my cord at L2 and lost the movement in my legs, had minimal strength and stability in my lower back and lost the function of my bladder. I spent two months in the hospital, two of those weeks in the inpatient rehabilitation center. I was 32 years old and desperate to find a facility that would push me and challenge me to see a brighter future.
In July 2014, I started my therapy at the NeuroRehab and Balance Center. Upon going through the doors into the gym, I was instantly pleased with what I saw. It was a large facility with state of the art equipment, several therapists and therapist assistants. It was clear I had found what I had been looking for.
Since attending the NeuroRehab and Balance Center, I have made major advances in my recovery. My strength in my lower back has vastly improved from doing strength training in tall kneeling and core workouts. The tightness in all my muscles from my waist down are now flexible through the help of deep tissue stretches and standing and walking techniques. My endurance is stronger due to treadmill training and walking the gym floor. Let me tell you, it was not all sunshine and rainbows. It has taken hard work, dedication and therapists who will not let you quit!"
Managing Grief - Coffee and Conversation
The Franciscan Center at St Leonard's Campus
Meets the second Thur of each month, 10-11am
For more information, contact:
Erin Fleming, LSW at St. Leonard 436-6308
The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
The Adaptive Adventure Sports Coalition
Access Center for Independent Living
901 South Ludlow Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402