Transitional Year Residency
Making the future of medicine that much brighter - one resident at a time!
The transitional year curriculum has been designed to give the resident a broad clinical base yet preserve much needed flexibility in meeting individual career goals. The
curriculum for each resident is individualized by the Program Director, Curriculum Coordinator, and Residency Coordinator based on his/her needs.
The Transitional Year program at Kettering Medical Center provides a broad clinical base for specialty training, or an opportunity to finalize a career decision while developing a clinical base.
Our very flexible TY program is tailored to your individual goals and needs! The Transitional Year Residency program at KMC has been developed for:
- Medical school graduates who need a broad-based clinical year, before entering a specific specialty training program such as anesthesiology, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, radiology, or radiation oncology.
- Medical school graduates who are interested in a career in primary care, but have not yet made a decision whether to pursue Internal Medicine or Family Practice as a specialty. The TY program at KMC can provide a broad base of clinical experience in primary care, thus assisting the individual in choosing a primary care specialty.
- Medical school graduates who need a year of broad-based clinical training prior to serving in the Public Health Service, in the military as a general medical officer (GMO), or as a primary flight/undersea medicine physician.
- Medical school graduates who need at least one year of a broad-based clinical education prior to going on to administrative medicine or research.
Yr Residency Programs
(800) 203-8925 - or - (937) 395-8063
Yr Residency Program Coord.