Steps in Planning CME Events
Develop the CME event
- Initial contact with speaker regarding topic and date
- Complete and submit the online application using it as a guide to help you define the reason for the event and what you are trying to accomplish (gaps, objectives, outcomes)
- For questions contact Lee Jean Heller at (937) 395-8359 or email@example.com
- After approval of the application by the CME executive group, send confirmation letter to the speaker including the proposed objectives (see sample letter)
2 to 4 weeks before the event
1 to 2 weeks before the event
- Confirm validity of event content from the information provided by the speaker (summary, outline, powerpoint or references) and complete review form (see sample).
- If applicable, review concerns with conflict of interest or content validity with CME executive group.
- Arrange AV assistance if special needs
- You will be assigned an event ID number by Carlene Hunt. That number will be provided to attendees at the sign in sheet at the time of the event (needed to receive credit).
At the event
After the event
CME coordinator – Lee Jean Heller
- Send all planning communications and documents, sign in sheets and disclosure sign to the KHN CME 4-NW office at Kettering Hospital within 2 days or fax to (937) 522-7436.
CME chair – Martin Jacobs, M.D.
CME advisor – John Lindower, M.D.
(937) 298-3399 ext. 55995