Heart Attack & Stroke Symptoms
Don't wait too long before getting help! While some heart attacks are sudden and intense, others start slowly, with mild pain or discomfort.
Heart Attack Warning Signs
- Chest discomfort. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
- Discomfort in other areas of the upper body. Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath. May occur with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs: These may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
These symptoms, however, are typical for middle-aged men and not necessarily for women.
Women are more likely to have the following symptoms:
- Discomfort above the waist brought on by strain
(including back, shoulders, arms or jaw)
- Nausea and vomiting, fatigue
- Shortness of breath (trouble catching your breath)
- Arm and/or chest pain
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one
side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
630 Eaton Ave
Hamilton, OH 45013
405 W Grand Ave
Dayton, OH 45405
1141 N Monroe Dr
Xenia, OH 45429
3535 Southern Blvd
Kettering, OH 45429
3535 Pentagon Blvd
Beavercreek, OH 45431
1997 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd
Dayton, OH 45459
4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd
Miamisburg, OH 45342
* Accredited Chest