Greene Medical Foundation welcomes gifts toward specific programs or departments at Greene or Soin. If you desire to give toward a program that is not listed, please contact the Foundation office for consultation. Our highest priority is to accommodate donor direction and instruction.
We welcome gifts in memory or honor of a person. Please share the name of the honoree and their address, or in the case of a memorial gift, the name, any family remaining with addresses, and we will notify them of your gift (we will not share with them the amount) as well as notify the department or program.
The following funds are currently open to gifts:
Give a gift now toward a Specific Program
- Cancer Centers Fund: Gifts supports the facility and programs of our cancer centers, including programs like exercise and nutrition, massage or alternative therapies; treatment; equipment; and other initiatives. Gifts support direct patient care.
- Cancer Care Expansion (2017-2019): Gifts and multi-year commitments support the expansion of the Infusion Center and the build out of the Radiation Therapy Center. Both will be finished and serving patients in 2018.
- Circle of Victory Fund: Gifts help offer direct financial relief to those in Greene County facing cancer. Financial relief is focused on treatment costs, consequences of treatment, prescriptions, medicine, wigs, prostheses, counseling, and other medical costs. The average cancer patient faces additional costs of $700 per month for the duration of their treatment even with the best of health insurance.
- Emergency Department Fund: Gifts help maintain the readiness of our emergency departments to respond to any patient. Hundreds depend on our emergency team and equipment, and everyday care heightens wear on our emergency and trauma centers.
- Nurses Fund: Nurses serve on the frontline of our quality care, and are the primary hands through which we offer that care. They are continually learning, and are required to pursue certifications and recertification, quite expensive expectations. This fund underwrites continuing education and nurse support programs. Grateful patients and families often give their gifts to this fund, honoring a nurse or nurses who made their hospital stay better.
- Womens Health Services Fund: Supporting the Dona Sheley Women's Health Center, along with Soin's Maternity Center and continuing womens services at Greene, this fund gives opportunity to help sustain the equipment and quality of these services.